Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto-lock, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In this chapter, we're going to look at a couple of ways to protect your iPhone…from being accidentally dialed or used, or from being accessed by people you…haven't authorized, as well as some things you can do to increase the chances…that you'll get your phone back if you ever misplaced it or if it's stolen.…The first feature I want to look at is auto lock.…The auto lock feature refers to the iPhone and iPod touch's default behavior of…turning the screen off after a minute or so of inactivity.…This is to guard against you accidentally tapping an icon or dialing a number…from the iPhone while it's in your pocket.…It also acts as a battery conservation feature.…
Go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock.…Here you can choose to allow anywhere between one to five minutes of inactivity,…before the phone or iPod locks the screen.…Making it so you have to press the Sleep/ Wake button and slide the Unlock slider…to use your device again.…There's also the option of choosing Never.…Meaning the screen will stay on indefinitely until you lock it yourself with the…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.