Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning specific photos and ringtones to contacts, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Like many mobile phones these days, the iPhone supports the ability to assign…specific ringtones to your contacts.…This offers the advantage of letting you know who's calling as soon as the phone…starts ringing without even having to look at the phone.…Just select the contact you want to customize the ringtone for.…Then tap Edit and then tap the Ringtone field, where mine currently says Default.…From here, you can select any of the ringtones that come with the iPhone as well…as any custom ringtone you've created or purchased.…
And that's all there is to that.…From this point on, whenever this person calls me, I'll know it's them by the…custom ringtone that plays.…And I'll just decline the call for now.…Similarly, you can also add a custom vibration pattern to a contact, which can…make it easy to know who's calling you without even taking the phone out of…your pocket, if you remember which vibration patterns you've assigned to which contacts.…Now, you have to turn this ability on first.…I am going to go back to my home screen and I'll go into Settings>General and…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.