Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Airplane mode, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this chapter, we're going to look at some of the important Settings and…Preferences that we either didn't cover in earlier chapters, or that we didn't…look at very closely.…Let's tap Settings.…The first Setting on the iPhone is Airplane Mode, which doesn't appear on the…iPod touch, because it has to do with your Phone Settings.…So if you have an iPod , you can skip this movie.…Airplane Mode simply turns off your iPhone's GSM, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios.…Notice how the Wi-Fi setting now says Off.…And if I scroll down a little, the Phone Setting is faded back and it also…says Airplane Mode.…The other indicator that I'm in Airplane Mode is the little airplane icon in the…upper-left hand corner, which stays there as long as you're in Airplane Mode.…
So Airplane Mode means that your iPhone is not transmitting data of any kind and…can't connect to the Internet or receive calls.…This is useful not only if you believe that cellphone signals interfere with…airplane communications and other functions, but also if you want to save…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.