Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting your iPod settings, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In this chapter, we have looked at a lot of controls and behaviors of your…iPhone and iPod touch that are dependent on some of your default settings.…If your own device hasn't been behaving as you have been seeing in these movies…or if you would like to turn off some of these default behaviors, I will show…you how you can find them right now.…Tap Settings and then scroll down to Music.…And here is where you will find most of the preferences that will determine your…iPhone or iPod's behaviors when playing music.…If you have sign in to your iCloud account through the iTunes Settings on your…device, the first item here is iTunes match which is Apple's $25 a year service…that allows you to download to your iPhone any songs that you have an iTunes on…your computer that are available on the iTunes store.…
Go to apple.com/iTunes for more information on iTunes Match.…Next, we have Shake to Shuffle.…Basically, if you are in the music app, shaking your phone will start a random…song from your current selected playlist.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.