Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding recent calls to your contacts, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
We've previously seen that you can add contacts to your iPhone either by…importing them from your Mac or PC when you sync your phone, or by manually…entering them into your phone.…Another way to enter contact information is by grabbing them from a recent call.…I'm going to go into my Phone app and select Recent Calls.…Now the calls which are listed as numbers that you see at the top of the screen…there are people that I don't currently have in my Contacts.…Adding a number to your Contacts is as easy as tapping the blue arrow next to…the number, scrolling down, and then tapping either Create New Contact to create…a brand new contact entry for a new person or business that's not already in…your contacts, or tapping Add to Existing Contact.…
So for example, if this number is a friend of mine whose number I currently have…in my contacts but he called me from work, I could tap Add to Existing Contact,…find him in my address book, and tap his name.…Now, you can see that this number was added as a mobile number;…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.