Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing voicemail, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One of the big breakthroughs when the iPhone came out was Visual Voicemail,…which lets you see a list of all your voicemail messages and then just tap the…one you want to listen to.…So, you don't have to navigate through a series of audio menus like you do with…the voicemail systems on other phones.…To hear a message, I suggest first turning on the speaker phone by tapping…Speaker, unless you're at some place where you're concerned about other people…hearing your voicemails.…It's much easier to browse and listen to your voicemails over the iPhone's…built-in speaker than it is to bring the phone to your ear.…To listen to a voicemail, tap it once to select it and then tap it a second time to play it.…(Male speaker: Hey Garrick. I just wanted you to catch up with you about our plans for Tuesday night.)…(Male speaker: I've got the reservations all set and I think everything is ready.)…While it's playing, you can tap it again to pause playback.…
If you have a message you've never listened to before, it will have a…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.