Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video About, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now we'll start looking at some of the settings found under Settings > General.…The first item here is About.…The About Setting in your iPhone is basically an inventory that tells you most…of the important information you'll ever need to know about your iPhone or iPod touch;…from hard drive space and the number of songs, photos and videos you have, to…your cellular provider info, and software and hardware information.…Setting the App Store on your iPhone and you need to know if you can download a new game.…The About area will tell you if have enough storage space, how many applications…you already have, and if your version of the iPhone OS is compatible with the…game you're downloading.…
Now let's say you're downloading an application that's 30 megabytes in size.…You'll need a Wi-Fi connection to do that.…If you're at a friend's house and he's got a Mac address filter on his router,…he'll need your Wi-Fi Address to add your phone to his filter list.…Wi-Fi Address is the iPhone's way of saying Mac address, which is the unique…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.