Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing photos, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- [Voiceover] There are two ways to access your photos…on the Apple TV, and we've dipped our toes…into both of these options earlier.…You can use iCloud Photos, or you can access photos…from your computer through Home Sharing.…First let's talk about Home Sharing.…Earlier in the course we set up Home Sharing…by going into Settings, into Accounts,…then to Home Sharing, and of course I already have…this turned on because I turned it on earlier in the course.…So now, as long as my Mac is connected to the network…and iTunes is running, I can access my photo library…from my Mac on the Apple TV, and this is a Mac only feature.…
Windows computers do not share their photo collections…through Home Sharing,…so with this enabled I can back up here,…and let me go back to the home screen.…I'm gonna go over to Computers,…which is where I can access Home Sharing.…I can see that Photos is an option here,…so I can click on that, and I can browse through my photos.…I have three albums here, or I can just go into the main…photos list, and I can browse through my photos this way.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.