Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using voice dictation to input text, part of Learning Apple TV.
- [Voiceover] In the update to the Apple TV…operating system, version nine point two,…Apple added the ability to do text dictation…using the Siri remote, which can make it easier…to type in account login information or perform searches.…Just for an example, let's say that I have not signed in…to my iCloud account, and I need to do that now.…So I'll go down to Settings.…I'll go to Accounts.…I'll click on iCloud, and I'll hit the button to sign in.…Now, using the touch pad on the remote,…it would be pretty tedious to type in…my whole email address here, but notice now,…in the text field, there's a line that says,…hold the Siri button to spell.…
Now if you don't see that line,…you should make sure that you run the software updates…and we talked about how to run software updates…earlier in this chapter in the movie on initial setup.…Now, since I do have that feature here,…all I need to do is hold down the Siri microphone button…on my remote and then spell out my email address,…email@example.com.…And notice how it's set up to detect the at symbol…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.