Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up a wireless keyboard, game controller, or other Bluetooth device, part of Learning Apple TV.
- Apart from the remote, there are other…peripherals that you can use with the…Apple TV wirelessly through Bluetooth.…The devices that you might pair with an Apple…TV include a wireless keyboard, a video game…controller, or a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.…All of these devices can be paired with…the 4th Generation Apple TV but only…the keyboard can be paired with the…older 3rd Generation Apple TV.…Let's start by pairing the Bluetooth keyboard.…Now to set up any Bluetooth device on the…Apple TV, we'll need to go into Settings.…
So using the remote I'm gonna go into Settings,…and I wanna go to the section Remotes and Devices,…and inside of that I wanna go to Bluetooth.…So this gives me a list of any devices that…are currently connected and any devices…that show up in discoverable mode.…To get a device on this list, I need to put it into…discoverable mode, also known as pairing mode.…Each device will come with instructions that tell…you how to put it into discoverable mode.…Now for this keyboard, as long as it's not…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.