Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching for movies, TV shows, and apps using Siri, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- [Voiceover] Now that we know the core functionality…of finding and playing videos and installing apps,…I wanna talk about the search tools…that you have available to find things much more quickly.…First let's talk about videos.…We saw how you can buy TV shows…and buy and rent movies,…and also access streaming services…like Netflix or Hulu through their apps.…Once you've located a video through one of these methods,…you can sit back and watch that video…But each of these apps…has their own slightly different interface…and of course, all of these apps…have access to different TV shows and movies.…
So sometimes finding exactly what you want to watch…can take several steps.…Now it's gonna be much easier to use…the Apple TV's built-in search tools,…which can search through several video apps…at the same time.…You can do that with Siri voice commands,…or through the Search app right on the Home screen.…Let's start with the regular Search app.…I'm gonna click on the Search tile here on the Home screen.…First I just want to use the Touchpad…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.