Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the home screen, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- [Voiceover] There are a lot of options…on the home screen on the Apple TV,…and if you install more apps,…that home screen is just gonna get more crowded.…So you might want to take a minute…to remove the items that you don't want…and then rearrange the rest…to put them in the order that you do want.…This works slightly differently…on the 4th generation Apple TV…compared to the 3rd generation.…So let's start on the newer device,…the 4th generation Apple TV.…First you might want to remove some apps.…This is something that we saw in the previous movie.…If you want to delete an app that you've installed,…all you need to do is just move the Touchpad…until you locate the app that you want to remove,…press down and hold on the Touchpad…until that app starts shaking.…
Then press the Play-Pause button,…and then from this menu, you can choose Delete.…It's going to ask to confirm…that you really want to delete it,…so I'll click on Delete to confirm,…and now I've removed that app from my Apple TV.…Just be aware that you cannot delete…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Set Up
2. Getting and Enjoying Content
3. Customizing and Working with Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.