Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the home screen, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- [Voiceover] There are a lot of options…on the home screen on the Apple TV,…and if you install more apps,…that home screen is just gonna get more crowded.…So you might want to take a minute…to remove the items that you don't want…and then rearrange the rest…to put them in the order that you do want.…This works slightly differently…on the 4th generation Apple TV…compared to the 3rd generation.…So let's start on the newer device,…the 4th generation Apple TV.…First you might want to remove some apps.…This is something that we saw in the previous movie.…If you want to delete an app that you've installed,…all you need to do is just move the Touchpad…until you locate the app that you want to remove,…press down and hold on the Touchpad…until that app starts shaking.…
Then press the Play-Pause button,…and then from this menu, you can choose Delete.…It's going to ask to confirm…that you really want to delete it,…so I'll click on Delete to confirm,…and now I've removed that app from my Apple TV.…Just be aware that you cannot delete…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.