Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying local tax information, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- If you have to handle local payroll taxes,…you need to set them up in the Payroll Setup interview.…To do that, over on the left side,…if necessary, click the Taxes link…and then click State Taxes.…To add a new item, down below the list click Add New.…What you want to select is the…create a specific local/custom tax option.…The first question you have to answer is,…who pays this tax?…And in this example it's going to be the employee.…
Let's say it's a local city tax.…The tax name box is already filled in…with employee paid tax because of the option,…but we're going to change that.…Just make it Sample local tax,…just to see how it works.…At the bottom right, click next.…The tax tracking type is set to Local Income Tax,…that's what we want.…Head down to the bottom right and click next.…This screen is about how to calculate the tax.…In the calculate amount drop-down list,…you can choose different types of calculations.…
In this case though, it's a flat amount,…so I'm going to choose do not calculate, enter flat amount.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.