Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering year-to-date totals, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- If you start using Intuit Payroll mid-year…you have to tell the Payroll Setup Interview…your year-to-date totals for paychecks, tax payments…and other payments like benefits.…That way at the end of the year…the program can produce payroll reports and W-2s…you need to file taxes.…To fill in Year-to-Date Payrolls,…over on the left side, click Year-to-Date Payrolls…and you'll see an intro screen.…Go ahead to the bottom right and click Continue.…
Now the next screen helps you decide…whether you have to fill in Year-to-Date values.…For example, if you're aren't paying anyone until next year…or you haven't processed payroll this year,…you don't have Year-to-Date totals to fill in.…And if you've just hired your first employee…and you haven't done payroll before,…you certainly don't have Year-to-Date Payroll values.…On the other hand, if you're switching…from one Intuit payroll service to another…you don't have to fill in the values…because the previous service already knows those numbers…and they're available to you.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.