- Once you have your tracks recorded…and your regions edited and arranged,…it's time to start mixing your song.…At it's most basic mixing involves…adjusting the overall volume of each track…in relation to the other tracks…in order to create the most pleasing and…impactful version of your song.…But in addition to adjusting their track levels,…panning tracks left or right in the stereo field,…adding EQ and compression to the project as a whole,…and much more.…So in this chapter, we're going to touch on…several concepts and tools you'll need…to understand in order to mix your song in Auria.…And I'd like to start here by looking…at the PSP Channel Strip.…
Each track in the mixer window has an effects button.…I'll tap the one for the kick drum track on Channel 1,…and that brings up the channel strip for that track.…You can see at the top of the window,…it says Channel Strip-1 Kick.…Now the Channel Strip is a collection…of effects and processors that apply…exclusively to the track they're on.…This'll too do things like add compression…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.