Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- If you're a premium subscriber, you have access to the Exercise Files that come with this and other courses. We've included a couple of different versions of the project files I worked with throughout this course that you can import into your own copy of Auria to play around with. In order to load them, you'll have to connect your iPad to a computer running iTunes. Then in iTunes, select your iPad, click Apps and locate Auria Pro under File Sharing. Click Add to navigate to the project file, and select it.
Then in Auria on your iPad, go to Menu, Load Project. Here you'll find all the projects you've created in Auria as well as any you've uploaded from iTunes. Just select the one you want to open, and at that point, you're ready to start recording, editing, or mixing the project.
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.