Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Use automation, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- As we've seen, a large part of mixing your project…involves finding the right level for each track…by adjusting the faders.…But you're not always going to want to have…certain tracks be the exact same level…throughout the entire song or project you're working on.…There may be tracks where the sound level…is uneven in certain places,…where it gets too loud or too quiet.…Maybe you want to bring an instrument up for a solo…and then take it back down to its original level.…Or maybe you just want to make a creative choice…like taking a certain instrument…completely out of the mix during a verse.…Happily, Auria includes a powerful automation system…that lets you specify exactly when…you want a fader to move,…how far it moves,…and how long it stays there.…
And it's not just volume levels that can be automated.…You can automate just about every dial in each track…and even automate effects.…Let's take a look at how this works.…There're two ways to work with automation in Auria.…You can automate actions either…in the Mix window or in the Edit window.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.