- In the previous movie, we recorded…eight tracks simultaneously in Auria.…Now, our bass player Abe has let me know…that there's one section he'd like to go back and fix.…So I'm going to switch over to the Edit window,…and I think the playhead is about where we need it to be,…but Abe, if you could just give it a listen…and let me know which part it is you want to fix.…♫ Gave up feeling love for the winter ♫…- One, two, three, four.…(soft rock music)…- Okay, so there's just that one note there…which is a little bit late, but we can fix that.…
So this is actually a great opportunity…to show you Auria's Auto-Punch feature,…which lets you go back and fix specific parts of a take…so you don't have to redo the entire track.…Now the way to do this…is to set your in and out points.…Basically, you're telling Auria…where you want the recording to start,…and where you want it to stop,…and there are two ways to do this.…From here in the Edit window,…you can double-tap anywhere in the timeline…and start dragging,…and you can see that starts highlighting…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.