In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow. In this course we're looking at Auria Pro. An app designed exclusively for the iPad that turns your device into a portable, professional level digital audio workstation. We'll start by taking a tour around the Auria Pro interface and getting our bearings in the mix and edit windows. From there, I'll talk a little bit about the hardware you'll need to get sounds into your iPad, and how to properly set up the audio chain. Once we've seen how to get sounds into Auria, I'll show you how to record everything from a single audio track to capturing multiple audio sources simultaneously into a multi-track recording.
(tropical music) Then we'll move onto the editing stage where I'll cover the skills you'll need to learn in order to trim and adjust your recording so you can move onto the mixing chapter where we'll see how to add effects, group tracks together in different ways, as well as how to export your project out of Auria to share with the world. As you're about to see. Auria Pro is a well thought out and powerful app that rivals the features and capabilities of many desktop digital audio workstations. So let's get started.
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.