Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand the master channel, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- So, we've seen that the process of mixing…can involve many different tools and techniques…and that the goal is to produce the most…pleasing combination of all the tracks as you can.…And the final stop in the Mixing Process…is the Master Channel, found at the very far right end…of the Mix Window.…This is where everything ends up,…everything you've done to the individual tracks,…from setting their levels, to the Panning,…to any effects you've applied, they're all routed…and sung to the Master Track.…The same goes for any Subgroups you've created,…basically, any sound you work with goes to the Master Track…and looking at the Master Channel,…there really isn't too much to see here.…
We have a Fader which controls the…Master Level of your project.…(funky music)…There is a Meter Button, which displays…both Peak and RMS info, with RMS on the outside meters…and Peak in the middle.…(funky music)…And this can give you a much more accurate view…of the levels you are hitting in your mix.…
Just close that for now.…Also in the Master Channel we have the…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.