Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand the file management system, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- Another important concept to understand early on…is how Auria manages the files it creates…and saves for your projects.…Unlike working with desktop digital audio workstations,…you can't easily locate and copy files…from Auria into other apps, or just to create backups.…To do so you need to connect your iPad…to your computer and open iTunes.…And from here on iTunes select your iPad,…and then go to Apps.…Then scroll down and select Auria or Auria Pro,…whichever one you have.…And here you'll see a list of all the files Auria has saved,…and any projects you've created…will be here with the extension of .Project.…
The great thing about this is that…everything related to your project,…from the actual recordings to the effects settings,…are all stored in this one bundle.…So to grab any of these projects…and save it to my computer,…I can just drag it to my desktop.…This is that sample Heartbeats project…that comes with Auria.…You can see now that it's copying over.…And here it is.…And for some reason on Macs…it shows up with the PowerPoint logo.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.