- As I mentioned earlier, the majority of edits you can make…to regions in Aria are non-destructive, meaning the changes…you make can be undone at any time.…And pretty much everything I've done so far in this chapter…has been non-destructive.…Essentially, when you make an edit to a region by doing…something like trimming it, or adding a fade, what you're…doing is giving Aria information on how to present the audio…as it's played, and which part of the audio to play.…Nothing happens to the audio file itself, but Aria does have…a collection of tools that will change the actual…audio content.…This can be referred to as Destructive Processing,…which sounds scary, but these tools can be pretty useful…at times.…
Now, you can always undo destructive changes just by tapping…the undo button, but if you get too far down the line…from your change, you might find yourself having to undo…a whole lot of work in reverting an audio file back…to its original state.…I'll show you some ways around this in a moment.…But first, let's take a look at the tools that…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.