Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Time stretching, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- Occasionally, you may have a recording that…doesn't quite fit the timing you have in mind for it.…Maybe you've recorded a vocal narration…that's 28 seconds long,…but needs to fit into a 25 second space…and the person who recorded the part…isn't available to redo it.…Maybe you have a drum loop you'd like to use,…but it's at a different tempo than your song.…Or maybe your entire music project…needs to be just a little bit longer…in order to be used as background music for a video.…Fortunately, Aria includes a powerful…time stretching feature which is perfect…for situations like these.…Time stretching allows you to…speed up or slow down individual regions…without effecting the pitch of the recording.…
Speeding up a recording of someone speaking…doesn't turn them into a cartoon chipmunk…and slowing down a recording of an instrument…doesn't drop it a couple of keys.…For example, let's solo and listen to the last bit…of the fiddle part of the song.…You can see my fiddle track is already soloed.…Going to scrub over here to the right…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.