- Now let's take a look at how to split regions.…You might want to split a region into two or more parts…if there's a section of your recording…that you want to process slightly differently…or separate out from the rest of the region.…To do so, just select the region you want to split,…and then move the playhead…to the point where you want the split to occur.…I'll just use the Fiddle track for this example.…So with it selected maybe I'll move the playhead right here,…and then I just tap Split.…And that's all there is to it.…There are now two regions on this track.…I can tap to select either one of them.…And I'm free to move or change either of them…without affecting the other one.…
Now, if I don't move either one,…it will continue to sound like one continuous performance.…If I solo this track and play before the split,…you'll notice you don't hear any interruptions or drop outs.…(fiddle music)…And just like other edits,…this is completely nondestructive.…For example, I'll take this first track…and move it two tracks down…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.