Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Simultaneous multitrack recording, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie,…we're going to look at Simultaneous Multitrack Recording,…and to help me out,…I'm now joined by the entire band.…We have James on Vocals and Guitar,…Alex on Drums,…Abe on Bass…and Craig is playing the Dobro…Here in Auria you can see I've already set up 8 tracks,…and they're all record enabled,…and they're all labelled…If I go over to the Input Matrix,…you can see each track…as a separate input being added to it.…At this point I'm going to ask the band to play a little…while I set the levels of my input device.…
So James if you could kick us off and play a few bars.…- One, two, three, four.…(mellow guitar music)…Okay, so the levels are looking pretty good at this point,…so now we're ready to record.…
I'm going to roll the play head back…to the beginning of the song…by double-tapping the rewind button,…I'll tap the record button up here…in the Transport controls,…you can see it starts flashing,…and, we're rolling.…- One, two, three, four.…(mellow guitar music)…- Broke my heart in 20 different places,…Can't even seem to picture all the faces…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.