Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up the audio chain, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- [Voiceover] So, in the previous video we took a look at…a couple of different options we have for impe devices…we can connect to the iPad.…Now, I'd like to take a look at a specific example…of how to get the audio from your source into the iPad.…For this example, we're going to be using the Audiobox 1818.…It's powered up…and from there I'm running a USB cable running to my iPad…using the Apple Lighting to USB Camera Adapter.…So you can see we have a USB connection here in the display…at the top of the AIRA screen.…Again, you might be using an audio impe device…that requires additional power,…so you may need to plug it in to a powered USB Hub…and then run another cable from the hub…to your iPad to complete the connection.…
But in this case,…I'm plugged directly from the audio box to my iPad…using the camera adapter.…And, joining me in the studio here is Mr. James Carrington…to play some guitar and do some singing for us.…But, right now we're going to concentrate…on getting a guitar level.…So, the first thing you want to do is…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.