Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Select regions, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- In the previous chapter,…we looked at several recording techniques…and now we have a multi-track project to work with.…Of course, recording is only part of the equation…and how your final project sounds…also has a lot to do with how it's edited and mixed.…So in this chapter, we're going to take a look at…several important tools and skills…you'll need to edit in Auria.…Now, I want to mention upfront…that nearly everything you can do…to your recordings in Auria is non-destructive…meaning you're free to experiment and play around…with effects and levels without worrying…about permanently altering what you've recorded.…You're almost always free to change your mind later…about any effects you apply to a track.…
I'm going to switch over to the Edit window.…And the way you're going to perform…the majority of edits to your project…is by working with the regions in the edit window.…The regions are the individual colored bars on each track…representing the recordings.…Tracks might have a single region…or multiple regions if you recorded a track in sections…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.