Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Record a track, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- Now that our levels are set,…we're pretty much ready to record,…but there are a couple of other things…I want to go over here.…Now, first of all, you're obviously going to want…to be able to hear what you're doing…when you're recording and when you're playing back.…Now, in this case, James and I both have headphones…and we have a headphone amplifier…that's plugged into the headphone output…of the Audiobox 1818 we're using here.…In most cases, if you can,…you'll want to use the headphone out…of the device you're recording to.…In some cases, you will be able to plug headphones…directly into the headphone jack of the iPad,…but some devices will disable that.…
So you'll usually get better results…by plugging your headphones…into the device you're recording into.…And you'll also have fewer latency issues that way.…Also, in many cases, especially if you're going…to be recording multiple tracks,…you'll want to use the metronome that's built into Auria.…And you can get to that by going to the Edit window…and then tapping the tempo and time signature display…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.