Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Record MIDI tracks, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- In addition to allowing you to record…live audio as well as import audio files,…Auria Pro also features the ability…to record and edit midi data.…As you may or may not know,…midi instruments like keyboards or drum pads…don't actually produce sounds on their own.…When you play a midi keyboard for example,…what gets recorded is data about…which note you played, when you played it,…how hard you hit the key, how long you held it,…and other information.…That information is then run through a…midi instrument in Auria Pro to produce the actual sound.…The beauty of midi performances…is that you can choose any instrument…bank you have installed on your device.…
You may start by playing your piece…through a piano, but you can instantly…change it to say midi horns or a midi flute,…all while keeping the same performance.…Only the sound will change.…Midi also lets you change the timing of notes…or even the notes you played,…so if you came in a little early or a little late,…you can fix the timing.…Or if you missed a note completely…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.