Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Overdub a track, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- Alright, now we're going to add one more track to our song…and we've set up Craig over there with his fiddle…and we've got a microphone on him.…I've already routed the mic to the next track…here in the song, and I've labeled the track Fiddle,…it's track nine, you can see there.…What we're going to do here is called overdubbing,…which simply means we're recording another track…on top of the existing tracks.…So unlike when we recorded the band all at once,…this time we're simply recording a single track in this take…and adding it to our multitrack recording.…In the end, it'll sound like all the instruments…were playing together at the same time.…
Now, Craig asked if he could have a little reverb…on his fiddle as he's recording the track,…so I've gone into the FX settings for that track,…and I've added the Convolution Reverb plug-in.…We'll talk more about these plug-ins…in the chapter on mixing.…I do want to mention one thing here…in case you want to try to record with live FX in Auria.…I'm on a newer iPad, so it shouldn't have any trouble,…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.