Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Multitrack recording, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now we're going to continue to build on what we did…in the last movie, which was record a guitar track,…but now we're going to add a vocal track.…So this is going to be a multitrack recording,…but not a simultaneous multitrack recording.…We'll be doing that a little bit later…when we record an entire band to multiple tracks.…In this case, we're going to add a second track…to our current recording.…Right now we have guitar on track one,…and we're going to add vocals to track two.…So I'm just going to double tap its name area…there at the bottom of the channel strip,…and I'll just type VOX for Vocals.…
Now we've set up a microphone in front of James over there,…and we've run it again to channel one here in the audio box.…So again, here in Auria, I need to go to Menu,…and Input Matrix.…Because I have the microphone plugged into Input One,…I need to switch the vocal track,…track two here, to Input One.…Then we can close that,…and once again, we need to Record Enable the track.…So you can see we're getting a little bit…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.