- Not all of the sounds you work with in Auria…are going to be sounds you record yourself.…You may also want to incorporate prerecorded sounds,…loops, or samples into your projects.…To get started, connect your iPad to your computer…and open iTunes.…Then select your iPad and click Apps here under its name.…Then scroll down to Apps under File Sharing…and select Auria Pro.…Here under Auria Pro Documents,…you can click Add…and browse for the file you want to import.…
You can import AIF's, WAV files, or MP3's.…I have this filed called "reverse_cymbal"…that I've copied to my desktop…from the exercise files folder.…So I'll choose to add that.…And that's all there is to it.…If I come back up here,…I can see that file's been added to my Auria Pro Documents.…And now here in Auria to get this file into my project,…I just tap Menu and select Import File.…Here locate the file you imported and tap to select it.…That places a check mark next to it.…You can also tap the speaker icon over here…to hear a preview of the file.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.