Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Group faders, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- Mixing a song often involves…first mixing two or more tracks together…until they blend well before moving…to other parts of the song.…For example, you might first spend your time…mixing your drums and then adding bass…before working on your rhythm guitar.…Later you might mix your background vocal tracks together…before blending them with the lead vocal.…Once you have some tracks mixed to your satisfaction,…you'll most likely want to keep them that way…as you mix other parts of your song.…But what if those tracks are…too quiet or too loud in the mix?…Ideally, you don't want to have to move…each individual fader up or down again…as you develop the rest of your mix.…
Aria gives you a couple of options for locking…multiple tracks together so you can control their levels…with a single fader.…One method is fader grouping.…Let's take a look at how that works.…Let's say I have the drum tracks and the bass mixed…pretty close to how I want them to be…in relationship to each other.…I just don't know how loud I want them to be…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.