Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore the interface, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's start by familiarizing ourselves…with the Auria Pro interface.…I have Auria Pro added to my dock…down at the bottom of the screen,…so I'll just tap that to open up the app.…Now, when you open up Auria Pro for the first time,…you see the mix window.…Auria also ships with a sample song project…called Heartbeats, which automatically loads here,…and you can feel free to mix and play around with it…to get practice working with Auria…if you haven't recorded anything yourself yet.…So, the screen we're seeing here is the mix window.…And this is where you mix the various channels…or tracks of your song.…
You can swipe across horizontally…to see more of the channel strips…as well as any subgroups you may have created…as well as the auxiliary sends and returns.…And, with Auria Pro you can create…a virtually unlimited number of tracks on your projects.…Each one of these individual channel strips…has an FX button.…And this is where you'll find the most common types…of processing you'll need like the expander/gate,…the EQ, and the compressor.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.