Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit with Cut, Copy, and Paste, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- As with most other applications in which you…deal with content, whether it's…word processing, graphics or video,…you can cut, copy and paste audio in Aria,…which is useful when you want to move or duplicate…content in your project.…Start by selecting the region you want to copy.…For example, I'll use this part of the…bass track that we punched in earlier.…I'll tap once to select it,…and then just like in a word processor,…you can either tap Edit, and then Copy,…or just tap the Copy button here in the Toolbar.…Either method copies the selected region to the Clipboard…but leaves the region untouched where it is.…
Now if I wanted to paste this somewhere else…on the same track, or even on a different track,…I would just need to move the Playhead…where I want the copied region to appear.…For example I'll go down to Track 11 here,…I'll tap on Track 11's Control area to select it,…I'll move my Playhead say here,…and now I'll tap Paste.…And there's the copied region, so it's pretty simple.…And it works the same way with Cut.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.