Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Crossfade regions, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- Most of the time in Auria and in pretty much…all other digital audio workstations,…you want one region to play at a time on each track.…Now, we've already seen that you can have…regions overlapping or even op top of each other…and Auria's default behavior is to only play…the audio of the topmost region,…ignoring anything in the regions underneath it.…This is what allows you to keep multiple takes…on a single track.…Occasionally, though, you're going to want to hear…two regions at once, usually when you're trying to…create a smooth edit between the two regions.…In those cases, you'll let the two regions overlap slightly…and then add what's called a crossfade to smooth out…the sound of the two overlapping regions.…
It's actually much easier to show you this…than to describe it, so, let's look at the bass track…as an example.…So we have here the region that was created when we…punched in a section to fix part of the bass line.…So it sounds like this.…(jazzy bass guitar)…A little bass here.…(jazzy bass guitar)…Now, with that region selected,…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.