Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Create subgroups, part of Up and Running with Auria Pro.
- In the previous video we looked at…how to group faders together…which makes it easier to adjust…the overall volume level of specific tracks…while maintaining their relative levels with each other.…But one limitation of this technique…is that each track is still affected…by its individual channel strip settings.…For example, if I have the drums grouped together…I can still go in and adjust the individual compression…or EQ for each drum track.…Now this isn't necessarily a good or a bad thing,…but what if you want the ability to apply…EQ, compression, or other effects on all the drums at once.…To do so, you need to create what are called Subgroups.…
You create a Subgroup by routing the signal…from specific tracks to one of the eight Subgroup channels…here on the right.…Once your selected tracks are routed to the Subgroup…you can apply global effects and adjust their levels…with a single Subgroup fader…just as if they were grouped together.…So let's create a drum Subgroup.…I'm going to tap the Alpha display on the first track.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.