Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Create snapshots, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- When mixing a song, it's likely that you'll come up…with ideas for alternate versions of your mix.…Maybe you want one mix where the drums…are more prominent,…and another mix where you remove the vocals…to create an instrumental version of your song.…Now, you could save a copy of your entire project…by going to Menu, Save Project,…and then selecting Save Copy of Project,…which is useful for creating complete backups…so you're free to work and experiment…without worrying about messing up…your only copy of the project.…But copying a project multiple times can take up…a lot of storage space on your iPad,…because each copy contains all the audio recordings…you made, and that can start to add up.…
So if you're going to be working on multiple versions…of a particular song, you might instead use…Auria's Snapshot feature.…Snapshots are like backup copies,…as they contain all the information about your current mix,…where the faders are, which effects are applied,…all the automation settings, and so on.…What they don't include are the actual audio files.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.