Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new project, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- The first step to recording in Auria…is to create a new project.…So, let's run through that process here.…Start by tapping Menu and selecting New Project.…Then give your project a name.…I'll just start by calling this Test Project.…You can always change this later.…If you want, you can then choose a pre-build template…to base your project on.…Notice we have options like 16 Track MIDI,…24 Track Audio, 8 Stereo Tracks, and so on.…So for example, if you're planning on recording…drums, guitars, bass and vocals,…you might want to start with he 24 Track Audio template.…
Or, if you're going to be recording a lot of…synths or keyboard parts, you might want to start…with the 16 track MIDI template.…None of these templates set your project in stone, though,…and you can always add or remove tracks as necessary.…I'm going to leave None selected for this example.…Next, determine the sample rate you want to use.…Now, this is a setting that cannot be changed later,…so make sure that you use a rate…in line with the project you're working in.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.