Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic mixing, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- In this movie, I want to talk about some…basic concepts to understand when mixing your song.…Mixing involves adjusting the levels and effects of…each individual track, so they all combine or mix…into a single audio file that sounds full, balanced…and well arranged, kind of like a finished song.…A good first step is to make sure each track…sounds the way you want it to sound…both on it's own and in context with the other tracks.…You might want to solo each track and listen for any strange…or unexpected sounds you might not have heard…when all the tracks were playing together.…Now before I begin, I'm going to move all of my feeders down…to about -5 or -10 dB so that I have some head room…to work with while I'm mixing.…
Leaving yourself some headroom is always a good idea…especially in the world of digital audio…where tape hiss is a non issue…and it will help you avoid clipping your master out.…Now I'm also going to reset my pans.…I've been sort of playing with the panning…throughout this course but I'm just going to set them…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.