Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Audio warping, part of Learning Auria Pro.
- Earlier in this chapter…I explained that one of the advantages…of working with mini tracks…is that you can easily fix timing issues…by manually adjusting notes that might have been played…ahead or behind the beat.…But when you're working with real instrument recordings,…when you're looking at wave forms instead of data,…you're often locked into what you recorded.…Now you've seen that you can use time stretching…to lengthen or shorten a region,…but what if you have a recording in which…parts of the performance are a little bit late or early…but you're otherwise happy with the recording?…That's when Auria Pro's audio warping feature…comes in handy.…It's for when you feel that the timing of the track…is not tight enough for your tastes,…but you like the track enough to not re-record it.…
Or, you might not have the ability to re-record it.…Now because we didn't record the song…we're working on to a metronome track,…it won't really be effective for me…to demonstrate audio warping here.…So instead, I'm going to create a new project.…
In this course, author Garrick Chow demonstrates the essential features of Auria Pro for the iPad. He starts by exploring the interface, including the Mix and Edit windows, and the hardware you'll need to get audio into Auria Pro. He then demonstrates how to record into Auria Pro—using musicians in a real recording session. He records a single track (acoustic guitar) and demos simultaneous multitrack recording. Then he shows how to edit the performances, and mix down and master the recording. Garrick closes with an explanation of how to create snapshots of your work, and back up and share music with Auria's extensive export options.
- Creating a new project
- Importing audio
- Recording a track
- Recording multiple tracks simultaneously
- Recording MIDI
- Selecting and trimming regions
- Editing MIDI
- Warping audio and stretching time
- Fading in and out
- Mixing tracks
- Saving and exporting tracks
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Music Production: AmpliTubewith Garrick Chow1h 46m Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
5. Saving and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.