iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Training
Discover how to get the most out of your iPhone or iPod touch, from making calls, browsing the web, managing your time, and getting around town to taking notes, shooting photos, and listening to music. In this course, author Garrick Chow shows how to perform all of these tasks and more, and introduces the enhancements built into iOS 6, including enhanced language support and commands for Siri, shared photo streams, and the new Reply with Message feature for handling incoming calls. The course also includes hands-on demonstrations on how to accurately type and efficiently use finger gestures, and offers tips for personalizing the setup of the iPhone and iPod touch. An extensive section on troubleshooting helps when the occasional glitch happen.
- Organizing and purchasing apps
- Controlling sounds
- Using Twitter and Facebook
- Selecting, cutting, copying, and pasting text
- Syncing music, movies, photos, contacts, and calendars with your computer
- Making video calls with FaceTime
- Forwarding calls
- Setting up email accounts from Gmail, iCloud, and other services
- Browsing the web
- Playing music
- Shooting photos and video
- Setting up events, reminders, and alarms
- Protecting your iPhone or iPod
- Hello, and welcome to iPhone and iPod Touch Essential Training. I'm Garrick Chow. The iPhone is one of the most powerful, popular, and easy to use smartphones on the market today. It's essentially a small computer you can hold in the palm of your hand. And the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone running the same operating system and apps. In this course, we're gonna take a detailed look at all the most important features of these incredibly useful devices. We'll start off by exploring the external controls and the touchscreen interface, getting up to speed with essential skills like opening and closing apps, and typing with the keyless keyboard.
Then we'll cover the most important and frequently used applications in depth, from checking your email with Mail, browsing the web with Safari, enjoying music and videos. - [Voiceover] My favorite camera. - [Garrick] And of course, using the incredibly robust phone features. - [Voiceover] I just wanted to remind you. - [Garrick] We'll also take a look at how to find and install any of over 700,000 additional apps from the App Store to further extend and enhance the capabilities of your device. And we'll wrap up with an in-depth look at important preferences and settings as well as tips for troubleshooting your device when necessary.
This course will show you all the essential skills you'll need to not just use your device, but to use it effectively while taking advantage of all the powerful features it has to offer. Now, let's get started with iPhone and iPod Touch Essential Training.
Bert Monroy: Dreamscapes - Sacred Cavern5,412 Views
Advanced Craft Photography31,228 Views
Learn Microsoft Surface: The Basics11,368 Views
5-Day Photo Challenge: Portraiture22,543 Views
UX Design Tools: Principle0 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
iOS 8: iPhone and iPad Essential Training339,559 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views