- Protecting passwords
- Keeping iOS and apps up to date
- Enabling locks
- Locating and disabling a lost device
- Adjusting app privacy permissions
- Installing malware-free apps
- Erasing a device—or preventing it from being erased
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi. I'm Nick Brazzi, and this is iPhone and iPad Security Fundamentals. Now this course is not a detailed analysis of security concepts, for developers or security professionals. No this is for average users of iPhones or iPads, who need to protect their device and their data, from being stolen. - [Voiceover] We'll start with some general information about what you can do to protect your own security, and I'll give you some tips for keeping your passwords well protected.
Next, we'll get into things that you can do to protect your device if somebody is able to take it away from you. I'll talk about what you can do to lock the data on your device from being accessed remotely, and of course we'll use some tools in the iCloud service to see how you can locate, and erase, a lost or stolen device. So if you use an iPhone, iPad, or even an iPod Touch, I really hope you'll join me for this course: iPhone and iPad Security Fundamentals.