- View Offline
This course was created and produced by Chris Breen. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Typing and dictating on the iPad
- Setting up an Exchange account
- Organizing and syncing contacts, events, and email
- Using iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Giving presentations with the iPad
- Backing up your data
- Locating and wiping a lost iPad
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Breen. Thanks for tuning into the iPad for Business. The days when the iPad was mocked as nothing more than a large iPod touch are over. Increasingly, professionals are leaving laptops at home and taking their iPads to the office and on business trips. While the iPad is not yet a complete laptop replacement, it can be a very handy business partner. In this course, we'll look at ways that you can be more efficient getting information into and out of your iPad. I'll show you how to set up an Exchange account, log into a company virtual private network, and store and access passwords.
Syncing data between your iPad, computer, and cloud-based services is crucial to ensure that you have access to all the information you need. I show you how to do just that. Although there's no native version of Microsoft Office for the iPad, I demonstrate how to take the office documents you have and edit and share them with apps that support Office. I provide tips on how to set up a presentation and create one on your iPad. And finally, I offer tips on securing your iPad so that, should the bad thing happen, your data is protected and possibly, you'll be able to recover a lost or stolen iPad.
Nothing but a large iPod touch? Hardly, as you'll soon learn in the iPad for Business. Let's get started.