- Fetching data
- Managing text, JSON, and binary data
- Downloading files to the file system
- Request and response handling with Alamofire
- Encoding parameters
- Uploading and downloading files
- Reporting upload and download progress
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bear] Hi, I'm Bear Cahill, and if you've done much network request development in any language, or any platform, you know it's nontrivial and oftentimes can be frustrating. In this series, we're going to look at the URL loading system by Apple, as well as the opensource framework, AlamoFire. Both of these frameworks provides easy to use functionality to make server requests and process response. Whether your app creates user accounts on the server, fetches data online, or uploads something to the server like images, this course will help you understand the server communication development needed.
AlamoFire uses Apple's URL loading system under the hood, but provides a lot of ways and mechanisms you'd normally write yourself. Think of it as the front-end framework you wish you wrote, and that you wish you could use in all your projects, because you can.