- Reviewing local notifications, APNs, and push notifications
- Starting a push notification project
- Registering for a notification
- Getting a certificate
- Sending a notification
- Working with JSON payload push notifications
- Adding a notification service extension
- Altering the UI
- Coding the view controller
- Running the notification
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Steven] Beyond local notifications are push notifications. Push notifications take the power of external servers to send news, information, and personal messages between people. While not difficult, there's a few wrinkles to push notifications that one needs to be aware of. Hi, I'm Steve Lipton. In this course, I'll introduce you to the topic of push notifications. I'll show you how to set up your app to accept the push notification, the certificates and tokens you'll need to make them work, how notification payloads work, and introduce you to the service and content extensions and what they mean to your app development.
You'll learn all this and more, so let's get started.