- View Offline
- Preparing your app for internationalization
- Localizing strings and images
- Taking photos or video with the camera
- Reading records from the Address Book
- Registering a custom URL scheme
- Getting a device's location
- Reading raw motion data
- Posting to a specific social media outlet
- Sending messages with the Message UI framework
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and welcome to iOS6 System Resources. In this course, I'll show you how to use iOS system resources in your iOS apps. I'll start by showing you how to support internationalization and localization. Providing translated text and other resources specific to the languages and locales your app is being used in. I'll show you how to use the camera to take still photos and movies, and how to access the images and videos stored in the camera roll. I'll show you how to read from the address book, and how to use URL schemes to launch the web browser, send email and use other device services.
I'll even show you how to register your own custom URL schemes, so you may communicate between apps on the device. I'll show you how to use iOS location services to create location aware apps, and how to use core motion to get the device's orientation in the hands of its user. Now, let's get started with iOS6 System Resources.