- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating an Xcode project
- Running your first app
- Basic layouts with storyboards
- Dismissing the keyboard with delegation
- Making UI-to-code connections
- Coding your app
Skill Level Beginner
- [Todd] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on developing your first app for iOS 11. This course is meant for those who are new to iOS development, or even development in general. In this course, we'll start with the basics of Xcode, where to find and download it, setting up your preferences, navigating the user interface, and using the iOS simulator. From there we'll look at the essentials of designing an app, creating a simple user interface, and connecting those elements to code.
When it comes to code, we're going to keep it pretty simple. I'm going to keep my descriptions concise, and if you want more information, I'll tell you where to go to find it. Finally, we'll wrap up by using what we discuss in the course to build a simple iOS app. So let's jump right in.