Explore the NLP demo app NLPDiary to understand a basic search feature. Recognize the problems you face when you are not using Natural Language Processing to improve search results. The most common problem is that you can not detect inflected forms of words to deliver great search results. For example, searching for the word “buy” and also getting a result that includes the inflected form “bought” is not possible yet.
- [Instructor] Imagine the following situation.…You have created this amazing diary app…that lets users record their day-to-day experiences…and having a list of them, and they're even allowed…to have a look at them in a greater view here.…So I'm selecting my entry here,…and it says here that this was a great day.…I bought my first iPhone.…Or here, I am going to buy an iPhone today,…which is another record maybe of this particular date.…But you even implemented a search feature.…
So, let's say in a year, you're looking for buy,…and now were are going to find two records.…I'm going to buy an iPhone today,…or if I can buy geese as pets.…But we did not find the entry…where it says I bought my first iPhone today,…because this app is not yet NLP enhanced.…We're going to do that later.…But I am going to show you now how this application works…and what the setup I already made for you looks like.…
So we have an Xcode project here that says NLP diary,…although this is not NLP enhanced yet.…We're going to do that later.…
- What are machine learning, Core ML, Vision, and NLP?
- Adding a machine learning model to a project
- Getting predictions from machine learning models
- Converting existing machine learning models for Core ML
- Classifying images and detecting objects with Vision and Core ML
- Analyzing natural language text with NSLinguisticTagger