Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video In-app notification, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Our current app will show notifications…everywhere but the app.…The UNNotificationCenter has a delegate method.…UNNotificationCenterDelegate, which turns on…in app notifications.…I want to use this on all the view controllers only once…not for every controller.…I'll use a separate file, NotificationCenterDelegate.swift…I made to do this.…Head over to that file.…So we'll go ahead and stop the app…and get rid of the stuff on the bottom…and head over to NotificationCenter.swift…and you'll see it's just a small thing,…I got a couple of little extra support methods…in there for the moment…and we're just going to put some code in here.…
I'm going to start by adopting the delegate,…which is UNUserNotificationCenterDelegate.…This has no required method,…so it doesn't give us any errors.…So you can go ahead and start typing…UNUserNotificationCenter and you'll see there are…three methods that show up at the top here…on an auto complete…and it's really hard to read which one is which.…You want the one that says…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.